To provide exemplary library services and help NCHU gain more international recognition.
To create a safe and enjoyable learning and working environment.
To oversee the university collections and resources and ensure accessibility.
To provide cross-platform services that satisfy the learning, research and teaching needs of NCHU faculty and students.
(1) Every library patron is unique and important.
(2) Accommodate the needs of our patrons.
(3) Provide a comfortable, friendly, and safe learning environment that stimulates creativity, liveliness, and collaboration.
(1) Provide outstanding services using the best resources.
(2) Employ talented and promising individuals.
(3) Support the growth of individuals and the institution.
(4) Exceed the expectations of library patrons.
(1) Have a clear and concise workflow, and to ensure a proper execution of the tasks.
(2) Provide prompt solutions to the problems of library patrons.
(3) Balance work-life stress through good time management and proper planning and review.
(4) Communicate effectively.
(5) Complete tasks using the appropriate tools or resources.
4.Freedom of Thought
(1) Treat each library patron with the same level of care and respect.
(2) Foster open-mindedness and acceptance of new ideas.
(3) Treat others with empathy.
(4) Create a diverse and multicultural environment.
(5) Protect the privacy of library patrons. ★Goals
1. To build a library collection and tools that fit the needs of library patrons.
2. To create a cross-platform Web service that allows easy access to information.
3. To ensure that all data are saved and stored properly.
4. To understand and predict the research, teaching, and learning needs of library patrons.
5. To improve the information literacy of library patrons.
6. To create an environment that is suitable for learning, teaching, and research.
7. To be open to change, embrace diversity, and encourage creativity.
8. To encourage the professional growth of library staff.
9. To facilitate the integration of information and knowledge by collaborating with government agencies, academic institutions, and the industry.