The library has a total of 16 individual research rooms (referred to as "study rooms" by the library floor plans) located on the second and fourth floors. These rooms are available to NCHU undergraduate students enrolled in thesis courses, as well as NCHU faculty and graduate students.
Requesting for an individual research room
You can request for an individual research room at the library front desk, for up to seven days in a row.
If no rooms are available, you can make an online reservation. You will receive an email notification when a room is available. Once you receive the email notification, you will be given two days to either cancel the request or check out the key to the individual research room.
- The loan period for individual research rooms is seven days.
- The library reserves the right to remove any personal items left in study rooms after the seven-day usage period. For each day that a key is overdue, usage rights will be suspended for seven days.
- individual research rooms are only for the use of the individuals who requested the rooms. If an individual research is lent to other individuals, usage rights will be immediately suspended for 30 days.
- Users are responsible for paying the replacement costs of lost keys.
- Individual research rooms are intended for activities related to research. If a user is found to engage in other activities, usage rights will be suspended for three months
- Users are not allowed to change the door locks or make copies of the room keys. Violation of this rule will result in a one-year suspension of usage rights.
- Users are not allowed to share the study rooms with other individuals or move library furniture into the study rooms. After two warnings, usage rights will be suspended for one month.
If you have any questions, please call (04)22840290 ext. 162